September is one of my favorite months. September is when summer winds down and, fall begins. It is hot and cool, fun and cozy, a time to get in your final hoorah of summer while pulling out your fall sweaters too. This was a great month for me because it was my last month training for the Chicago marathon! The race right around the corner (October 7th!). So, how did I do with my goals?
- Stay healthy in the last build up for the Chicago Marathon
- Very excited that this goal was accomplished. I did a lot of injury prevention and stayed on top of my hydration and nutrition this month and, it paid off! No injuries and all good to go for the marathon!
- Smoothly execute double workouts before my taper
- Yesssss. My three weeks of doubles was a little easier than it was last year when I tried the same approach. I actually really like running in the morning but, I don’t like doing my hardest workouts in the morning. Getting out the door at 5am to run 5-ish miles for three weeks was such a great way to get my thoughts untangled before the day even started. Plus, I caught some awesome sunrises over the Pittsburgh Rivers!
- Eight Pull-ups!
- 10 is the goal but, I can happily say that I did 8 straight pull-ups in the first week of September. It was hard. Like, really hard. But I am excited to start lifting again after my marathon and try to aim for 9 and 10!
How was September for you? What goals are you setting for the last three months of 2018?